Ammonia Technology Asset
Soldera has acquired an interest in a novel technology process for the low-cost production of “Green Ammonia.”
The Technology is designed to produce 100% “Green,” “Turquoise,” or “Blue” Ammonia as required.
The electrolysis of water offers a pathway to zero-carbon ammonia production. In addition to decarbonising the existing uses of ammonia, such as the production of fertilisers for agriculture, the production of green ammonia could offer further options in the drive to reduce greenhouse gas emissions:
- As an energy storage medium, ammonia (NH3) is easily stored in large quantities as a liquid at modest pressures (10 – 15 bar) or refrigerated to -33°C. In this form, its energy density is around 40% that of petroleum.
- As a zero-carbon fuel, it can also be used in fuel cells or by combustion in internal combustion engines, industrial burners and gas turbines. The maritime industry is seen as an early adopter of ammonia as a fuel. Ammonia also has the potential to be used to decarbonise rail, heavy road transport and aviation.
- To generate electricity through fuel cells, gas turbines or internal combustion engines to provide power to the grid or remote locations.
- As an effective energy carrier for nascent international sustainable energy supply chains. It is lower cost and significantly easier to store and transport than pure hydrogen, has existing international infrastructure, can be cracked to produce hydrogen when required and is itself a zero-carbon fuel.
- Has the potential to be used in district-wide heating systems.
Ammonia made of Green elements and creating no CO2 by-product. Primary production cost is electricity. Green power creates green ammonia.Soldera aims to use green energy sources such as SOLAR, WIND, TIDAL or traditional hydroelectricity depending on the region and situation for its power source.
Traditional Haber-Bosch Ammonia method but using CCS (Carbon Capture & Storage). Also applies to Government grant of $50/ton.
Ammonia made using methane pyrolysis – splitting methane into Hydrogen & Carbon – also known as CARBON BLACK
New entry of Green Ammonia, early stage regulatory oversight, cost improvement through new technologies, and early adoptive phase limits forecast accuracy.
THE MARINE INDUSTRY
- IMO (International Marine Organization) has mandated that the marine industry must accomplish a goal of zero carbon emissions by 2040.
- Many companies have undertaken, with the assistance of government grants, the goal of converting all marine fuels and shipping to carbon free fuel-based power.
- Currently 180 large ports are established for Ammonia production & to receive ships.
GLOBAL AMMONIA PROJECTS
- Saudi Arabia: Building a Green Ammonia plant for 2025
- Project utilizes-Solar (DAY) + Wind (NIGHT), plus Hydrogen @ $5/KG = 1 Million Tons of Green NH3/Year
- YARA International (global fertilizers) getting 100 MW wind power + Electrolysis to make enough Hydrogen for 75,000 Tons NH3
- 2-stroke GREEN NH3 engine using green NH3 as a fuel has been developed.
Whabouchi Lithium Property
The 1,280 Ha Whabouchi South Property is located less than 4 km from the renowned Whabouchi Lithium Deposit, one of North America’s richest lithium spodumene deposits.